With all the mental health, wellness, blogs, and apps available today, here are a few resources worth knowing about, exploring or purchasing.
Healthcare costs are astronomical these days. Whether you have it or not, more cost effective options are starting to become available. Here are a few resources to explore.
- Genneve - Online medical support for women regarding menopause.
- Paloma Health - Online medical support for women suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Parsley Health -
- HerScan - Breast health in Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, California, Tennessee, and Rhode Island
- Oscar Health Insurance
- Women's Focused Healthcare: Alpha
Stress, Anxiety and Depression impact our emotional well-being. Here are my favorite mindfulness, mental and physical health resources.
- App: Oak - Daily Meditation
- Calm App - Download
- Othership Breathwork App - Download
- Therapy For Black Girls
- Podcast: Black Girls in OM
- Podcast: Cultivating HER Space
- Podcast: Balanced Black Girl
- Podcast: Radically Loved | Rosie Acosta
- Podcast: Black Girl Mystic
- Podcast: Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- Podcast: Devi Brown
- Podcast: Not So CEO - My favorite
- Free App: UCLA Mindful App
- Free App: Healthy Minds Mindfulness App
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective
- Black Meditation and Mindfulness Teachers
- Inward - Women's Meditation Community
- Monita Music - High Vibe, Spiritual Trap/Rap/Afro Music on Spotify
- Black Girls Breathing
My most beloved cookbooks. I own physical copies of them all. While they’re available on kindle, you can also find them online (used!) for petty low cost. Buy new copies only if that’s your thing.
- Salt, Acid, Fat, Heat - Samin Nosrat
- The Herbalist’s Kitchen - Kami McBride
- The Saffron Tales - Yasmin Khan
- Zaitoun: Recipes from the Palestinian Kitchen - Yasmin Khan
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ck - Thug Kitchen, LLC
- Dish Up The Dirt - Andrea Bemis
- My New Roots - Sarah Britton
- The Forest Feast - Erin Gleeson
- Le Pain Quotidien Cookbook - Alain Coumont & Jean-Pierre Gabriel
- Sababa: Fresh, Sunny Flavors From My Israeli Kitchen - Adeena Sussman
Food & Nutrition Books Worth Reading
My most favorite books on nutrition and health. I own physical copies of them all. While they’re available on kindle, you can also find them online (used!) for petty low cost. Buy new copies only if that’s your thing.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook - Evelyn Tribole, RND & Elyse Resch, RDN
- Rethinking Thin - Gina Kolata
- Nice Girls Finish Fat - Karen R. Koenig, LCSW, M.Ed.
- Health Food Junkies - Steven Bratman, M.D.
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food - Catherine Shanahan, M.D.
- Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness Through Intuitive Eating - Christy Harrison, MPH, RD
- The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy - Caroline Dooner
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight – Linda Bacon
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love - Sonya Renee Taylor
- Women Don't Owe Your Pretty - Florence Given
If you have other resources, please drop them in the comments!